Thinking of buying a second home outside Metro Manila? Consider getting a condo
So you’re thinking of buying a place outside Metro Manila to use as a vacation house or maybe rent out to tourists. Should you get a condominium unit or look for a small house where you can have a garden?
Unlike buying a house, there are more considerations to buying a condo unit particularly if it’s out of town. But they’re very popular right now, so here are reasons why you should or shouldn’t:- Because there is security for a community where condos are located, you can make it your weekend haven and just lock up when you need to go back to the city.
- You pay monthly association dues and this goes to security, maintenance, garbage disposal, and other things you’d normally worry about if you got a house.
- If you get a condominium in, say, Tagaytay, the building would usually come with amenities like swimming pools, gyms, walking paths, and other amenities that would make living there like being in a resort.
- Condominiums are less expensive than single-detached homes, so if you’re investing in a second home for the first time, this could be a good choice.
- Living in a condo keeps you close to modern conveniences, so if this is a consideration for you, then buying a condo unit outside Metro Manila is a good choice.
- A disadvantage of living in a condo would be the noise. You can’t choose your neighbors and you’re only separated by not-so-thick walls.
- If the condo you’re planning to buy is a place you’re going to use as a weekend home, you might not like the limited space compared to owning a house. Also, you won’t even have a small garden or lawn.
- Living in a condo usually means being near transportation hubs and bus stations, so in terms of convenience, this is an advantage.
If you’re still weighing your options, contact a RE/MAX agent who will encourage you to ask questions and give you a variety of listing so you can make the right choice. One RE/MAX advantage is that the agents are not tied to one developer, so you can consider different units by different developers.
For more information about RE/MAX, visit their website at https://www.remax.ph/ and follow and like their Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/officialremaxph/ .